China produces a lot of good things: from shoes to mobile phones, from clothes to computers, from toys to ships. The country’s national 10-year plan “Made in China 2025” is pushing the world’s second largest economy to transform itself from a manufacturing giant into a global industrial king.
China is a leader in manufacturing the following goods (sorted in ascending order of production):
1. Cargo ships. China builds 766 million tons of ships annually, which is 45.1% of the total world production.
2. Coal. The country produces about 1.8 billion tons of coal annually, that is 48.2% of the world production.
3. Pork. China breeds 49.8% of the world total, which is 1.5 million tons per year. This means that 40 kg of pork is produced for every person in China annually.
4. Cement. China produces 1.8 billion tons of cement annually, which is 60% of the global production.
5. Shoes. The number of pairs of shoes produced in China each year reaches 12.6 billion, which is 63% of the world production.
6. Mobile phones. If we consider mobile phones, China has the market share of 70.6%. That is 1.77 billion phones a year.
7. Solar panels. The total capacity of solar panels is 21.8 million kW annually, which is 80% of the global production.
8. Energy-efficient bulbs. 4.3 billion light bulbs a year is 80% of the world production.
9. Air conditioners. China produces 80% of the world total—109 billion air conditioners a year.
10. Personal computers. China produced 286.2 million computers in 2014, which is 90.6% of the world total.
Are you still thinking what to do deal with?